Thursday, May 18, 2006

Today was a disgusting day. Having traveled from another city in the morning, I arrived at work at 2:45 to be told I wasn't starting until 4. This, of course, provided a wonderful opportunity to get paid less and meditate on a bench in the middle of a small patch of grass next to a garbage can and a couple of aggressive squirrel-infested trees that North Americans would term a park. I was sitting down and grumpily staring into space when two teenagers brought me out of my reverie by asking me for a smoke - clearly, I look the part of a bitter spinster, eager to subvert innocent youths. Nearly half of my other students cancelled due to broken fingers and various other unforeseen accidents. I went home in a disgruntled daze after some brain-cell extinguishing conversations with the receptionist. Then, like a bolt of lightning, like a bird-poo falling out of the sky, it came : while waiting for the bus, I saw a small notice in the local paper on a colleague who'll be doing the local PREMIERE of a piece which I've been slowly drooling and procrastinating over for the past four years. I am stuck in reverse! I am going nowhere! I am getting fatter but not better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home